Conference on « The New Challenges For Central Bank Communication»
Hosted by the Université Saint-Louis Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium
December 17th, 2018
The Université Saint-Louis Bruxelles, Belgium is organizing a conference aiming to bring together financial economists from academia, central banks and research institutions to investigate the new challenges for central bank communication in the ten years since the start of the financial crisis and discuss the avenues of research in this regard.
We seek both empirical and theoretical policy-relevant papers. Papers are invited for submission on this broad theme, including:
- Effectiveness of central bank communication
- Clarity of central bank communication
- Tone of central bank communication
- Communicating in unconventional times
- Central bank communication to the media or to the general public
- Text-mining in Finance
- Natural Language Processing applied to central bank communication
- Complete manuscripts in pdf format should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted papers must be received by November 18th 2018
The authors of the accepted papers will be notified by November 22nd 2018.
Keynote speaker: Pierre Siklos.
Session Chairs: Kris Boudt, Matthias Neuenkirch, Stefano Nardelli.
Conference fees: 50 Euros + Optional Conference Diner 50 Euros
UCLouvain and partner universities (free but 50 if you want to join the Conference Dinner)
Scholarships are available for the conference fee for PhD students. If you want to apply, please send also a resume and a cover letter.